filters
State:
Show
City:
Show

Linders Furniture review in Los Alamitos, California: LIARS!

I HATE Linder's Furniture. DON'T ever shop there. We ordered furniture in July and now our sofa MAY come in December after being promised a 2 week delivery. I despise, Ana "Banana" the sales person, Jay the manager, Bertha the customer service supervisor and all other people who have jacked me around for over three months! Who knows if we will even have our sofas matching.... I have been promised that the leather dye-lot won't matter, but I can't trust a single thing they have said to me. They have lied to me, not called me back and continue to hinder any sort of communication. I can't get a hold of any sort of corporate person to submit a complaint to, so I am stuck doing this. HONESTLY, I never complain, but these people and their lack of customer service has taken me over the edge. The fact that I haven't used a swear word in this review is a testament to my restraint! On top of getting *** customer service and having to sit on lawn furniture, the love seat we did have delivered after 6 weeks has already had part of the leather flake off... So much for Ana "Banana" telling us that it was FABULOUS quality. The repair man told me that it was Chinese ***. NICE. NICE. NICE. I have spent well over $2000 on Chinese *** that has YET to be fully delivered after 3 months!!!!! DON'T SHOP AT LINDERS! Go to Living Spaces or somewhere else... If you have to spend money on Chinese ***, at least it will be in your house when you need it.
Review
#204742 Review #204742 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: Linders warranty is a fake,cheap furniture

I bought a sofa and loveseat and a dining room table with the marble tabletop, after i got furniture home, sofa has small rips all over it and the tables leg falls off and all the chairs legs are loose... I also purchased the warranty for 1 year, so they came out and fixed the problems, then a month later i noticed the couches sides were collasped as if they were cardbord (WHICH THEY PROBALLY ARE)so i called them back and they said that my 1 year warranty has expired last month,,,but on the warranty paper i have it says that frames on furniture are a lifetime warranty..So the customer rep said i would have to pay $79.00 for them to come look at them and see if the couches were not used properly,,,regardless of the use of the couches nothing should be messed up within a year of purchase... i have bought from living spaces and there furniture is very strong and durable...linders is cheap furniture and there customer service does nothing to help you...i will never buy from them again...............
#200196

SCARED! I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY i BOUGHT A DINNING ROOM SET WHICH LOOKS GOOD IN THE SHOWROOM IN SEPT 18 2010 DELIVER WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE WEEK OF OCT 11 NOW IN THY TOLD ME ( I HAD TO CALL THEM) COULDN'T TELL ME WENT IT WILL BE DELIVER SO TODAY I WENT AND MY LUNCH HR TO THE STORE IN LAGUNA HILLS RUDED SALES MEN NAMED ANTONIO AND DAVID TOLD ME ITS ONLY FURNITURE !!

AND IT WILL GET OVER IT!! i STARTED TO CRY NOW AFTER 30PHONE CALL i GOT A DATE OCT 23 2010 BUT AFTER READING ALL THIS COMPLAINS I AM SCARED I HAVE BE ROBBED IF ANY ONE OUT THERE COME HELP PLEASE WHAT CAN i DO!

Review
#200380 Review #200380 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: The run around

I ordered a bed on Saturday and was told if I wanted to pick up it up I could do so on that following Wednesday. When I got to the place to pick up the bed, the salesman said it was not at this warehouse go down the street to their other warehouse and it was not there so I contact the store that I purchased it from(Cerritos), and they said that the bed did not make the delivery truck. So I had to wait for another week and I'm still waiting. BTW they are very very RUDE!!!!!!!

:cry its a good thing you are not going to purchase there any more. I have worked in customer service for 12 years and can spot a know when you have to keep repeating yourself over and over to a customer then they are beyond help!

Goood for Maryann for standing her ground!!!! you probably should shop at IKEA

#193828

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM LINDERS AGAIN. I just purchased a bed from Linder's for a gift.

The bed (which took a week to deliver) arrived today and was missing a "bar." We tried to refuse the bed, oh by the way, we were told about the missing bar once the bed was almost assembled. The Linder's customer service office convinced us that we could use the bed without the bar and they would return with it on another day. OK so we start putting the bed up again when my husband notices there isn't a latter for the bunk bed and they have, in fact, sent us the wrong bed! We called customer service and spoke with Maryann who ought NOT be working in customer service and who should give that position to someone who is unemployed and would LOOOVE a job right now.

She should be fired immediately. She was completely unsympathetic and RUDE. She kept repeating things and insisting I was not hearing her. Typically, I'd recommend an employee undergo additional training and possibly a reprimand.

But in this case she needs to be fired right now. We've spoken to Rosa, Greg, and everybody else at Linders. It's a shame. It's almost as if the company is structured to offend and insult the customer.

Somebody, please tell me what company can exist without customers. I recommend you go to IKEA, ASHLEY, JC Penney furniture, Macy's Furniture, LA Liquidators, ANYWHERE else but here. Don't waste your money and don't put yourself in a position to receive poor customer service...because you will.

Oh, I neglected to mention that we previously purchased a huge entertainment center from there two years ago. They've gotten the last of our hard earned dollars.

View more comments (1)
Review
#198733 Review #198733 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Linders Furniture review in Jakarta, Jakarta: Did not send a fully-paid sofa and ignored calls

We ordered a set of sofa, paid fully for it, was promised the sofa will be sent in 3 weeks after order date on July 11th, 2010. I left the country and my son kept calling them and he kept being bounced from person to person and to customer service. He wanted to cancel the order but was not allowed because it was a special order. In this case Linder's furniture broke the contract first by not sending the sofa as promised. But up to now, they still try evade every time my son calls. both my sons are college students so they are quite busy. I am hoping someone can advice me as to how I can sue this company. I have filed a complain to ftc, the government consumer protection agency. I have also emailed them about it. I guess they think I cannot do anything about it. Should I file a police report first now before proceeding?
Review
#197017 Review #197017 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Linders Furniture review in San Diego, California: Manager (Rancho Cucamonga) called wife a *** and hung up on her.

Worst experience ever! Bought a sectional March 29, 2010 and finally cancelled on August 9, 2010. After purchasing was told that it would be delievered on April 16th. Never received a call when that date came so I called and was told that it was on backorder till June 1st and that I would get a call to setup delievery. The date came, never got a call so I called them again to find out where my couch is and of course, again was told it is on backorder till end of June. End of June comes and goes and no phone call, so I called them again. Asked where my couch is and was told that they are waiting to fill the container from the manufacturer before shipping it over, so now till end of July and they will call me when it comes in. End of July comes and goes and no one calls me. So I call again and was told that it will be here on August 8th. To my surprise I actually get a phone call this time on August 3rd from a lady at the store saying that my couch has finally arrived and that I have a scheduled delievery date Saturday August 7th in the morning. So finally I will have my couch that I paid for over 4 1/2 months ago. So I take the day off work Saturday to wait for the delievery of my couch. It is now 1pm Saturday afternoon and still no couch. I call the dispatch center who is in charge of delieveries and they told me they don't even know who I am. So I call the store, (Rancho Cucamonga) and spoke to the lady who told me it was going to be delieverd today and she says, "Umm can I have the store manager call you back?" So its now 6:30pm and I receive a phone call from the "Store Manager" (Everett) sorry had to use his name becuase I received the worst customer service ever!!! He tells me he doesn't know why his sales associate called me and told me my couch is here and is going to be delievered, because it isn't here, it's still in China. He tells me that now he has to call 3 other customers to tell them the same thing because she called others scheduling a delievery date today and their merchandise is not here either. So he assured me that he would follow up with a phone call on Monday, August 9th to give me an update on what he found out about my order. Guess what??? Everett didn't call me on Monday or any other day after that. So I called him on the following Thursday to speak with him but of course he wasn't available and he would call me back. He didn't call me back so my wife called him today. He was unavailable again and he would call me back. To my surprise he did call back and spoke to my wife. He explainded to her that if she wants to know where the couch is that she needs to call customer service and ask them. He said he doesn't know where the couch is. So she asked him why didn't he call back on Monday with a follow up like he said he was going to do. He says, "He was busy and couldn't so he left a note for someone else to call us with a follow up." Well, no one called us with a follow up so my wife told him that. He says, "I don't know what to tell you Ma'am." So my wife asks him what was the note for and what did it say? His answere to her was, "I don't have to tell you that!" Excuse me what do you mean you don't have to tell us what the follow up note said????????? She was stunned at what his response was so she asks him, aren't you the store manager? You have our money and our couch and you have no answers to where our couch is.......So we want to cancel our order and get a refund. He calls my wife a *** and hangs up on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I call back, and talk to another "Store Manager" by the name of Jon. I cancel the order through him and hopefully get a refund posted back to my card. This is the most horrific customer service experience I have ever encountered in my life. I don't even know how this company is still in business, they are a bunch of thieves and know nothing about customer service. Why are they still in business??? We as the consumer need to do something about this and let others know not to do business with them. I just don't understand what is going on with this company and how they have been in business for 25 years, especially after reading all the complaints on the internet about them and they have an "F" rating on the better business bureau (www.bbb.org) website. I want to make sure this business goes down!!!!!!!! DO NOT SHOP AT LINDERS FURNITURE unless you want to be robbed of your $$$$. Robert J

I WORK FOR LINDERS DO I KNOW ALL THESE PEOPLE SAY ITS TRUE I SEEN IT THE SELL GARBAGE THATS BROKE PUT CLUE AND SELL FOR OUTRAGEOUS PRICES BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LINDERS :sigh

Do NOT, I repeat, do not go to this store to buy your furniture. Here's my story~ back in March 2011 my wife and I went in and made a large purchase of 2 full bedroom sets.

Of course the customer service was good considering I hadn't paid yet. We were told we could get a small discount if we paid in full at that time. We did just that. We were informed that one of the bedframes was on back order until June.

Now keep in mind this was told to us back in March. June seemed far away to wait for a piece of furniture, but we were patient and said fine. We questioned whether or not it would really arrive to our house in June, but our sales associate GUARANTEED it. He even shook my hand as he guaranteed this claim.

We even disregarded the fact that all the other pieces we purchased (including the other full bedroom set) was available immediately, but they would not deliver it until the one last backordered piece would come in. I found this strange considering most large stores such as Macy's, etc. will deliver them as they become available. But again my wife and I were patient.

The receipt paperwork stated I would receive a phone call in mid-May to give a tenative delivery date. This call never came. I then called them, and they said they would deliver our items the week of June 13th. June 15th comes around and still no call so naturally I call them.

Their response? "We'll call you by Friday.". Well, guess what? No call.

I call them Friday late-afternoon, and they tell me to call Monday. At this point it's now the week of June 20th. Monday afternoon comes around, and yet again no call from Linders. I call them to find out what's going on, and they now tell me they have nothing to do with the delivery aspect, and to call some 800 customer service number.

Can you believe it?! And of course customer service says for me to call the store direct and speak with a manager. Wait, it gets better! I finally speak with someone who's willing to listen, and now they tell me they'll call the week of JULY 11TH!!!

Now I have to wait until July?! I bought this furniture back in March! MARCH! And according to them even THIS was a tentative date.

Who knows? Maybe they'll push it back until I finally go away. And why haven't they at least delivered the rest of the pieces that have just been sitting in their warehouse since March? I called the manager and said I was GUARANTEED it would arrive by June, and of course they blamed the manufacturer.....unreal.

I told them they guaranteed me, but you can't use reason and logic on someone who doesn't have a mind that understands reason and logic. The fact that they guaranteed me it would arrive in June means nothing. My word means everything to me, honor, integrity. But to others its a lost art.

I told them I want to cancel my order, get a refund, and be done with them entirely, but now they say they can't cancel my order because I waited too long to cancel it. Unbelievable. They're the ones that made me wait until June, then they say I'M the one who waited too long. So as I type this today I have not one piece of furniture, my wife, son, and I are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor, AND I can't get my 2000 dollars back.

Please save yourself this insanity and go to another store.

There's plenty out there, forget about Linders. Thanks for listening.

#202531

Wow! I'm sad to see you had a bad experience at that store.

I had a complaint about a delivery issue and when I went into the store, Everett was the one who helped me and he couldn't have been more nice. He apologized for the issue and took care of it right away and was one of the most understanding store manager's I've ever worked with.

I'm sure your experience has convinced you otherwise, but I can't imagine the nice guy who helped me calling a woman a curse word. Maybe you got bad customer service, but that part seems a little hard to believe...

#192598

Busted!! Tasha, is your name Everett by any chance? Tasha, if you're gonna get on your high horse, and pose as a consumer, make sure you're smart about it!

HaHa, it does sound like, "Tasha" could be an employee there or its an alias name for one of the managers.

Because how would "Tasha" know what my wife looks like and make the comment that I married her for her looks??

Sounds like the above comment was left by an employee, lol

Sounds like your wife was called a *** because she was acting like one. Sounds like she was hung up on because she had no proper manners.

I wonder why you would marry someone who was not proper manners by her parents. Obviously you married her for her looks rather than personality. Then again you have the same personality as her. I very doubt that they will go out of business just because your wife's parents never taught her proper manners.

Since you both are lie this don't have children. We don't need them to learn disrespect and lack of manners from you.

View more comments (6)
Review
#193827 Review #193827 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: Linder's Furniture

My wife and I bought a bedroom set in March and they told us it would be delivered by June 21st. The bed and mattress came on June 28th, but the rest of the set (dresser and mirror) did not come until August 11th. After calling multiple times, they simply blame the problem on their overseas "manufacturer." They shouldn't make commitments they don't keep. Our friends had a similar problem prior, so it seems to be an on-going problem. The furniture it nice, just be warned: do NOT expect to receive it on time. On the other hand, we had a better experience with Living Spaces so I would recommend that place as an alternative.
Review
#193501 Review #193501 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Linders Furniture review in Torrance, California: Manager of Laguna Hills store called wife a liar

We bought a sofa and the cushion in the chaise part of the couch did not hold up but a couple of months before breaking down. We called they said they would replace which they did with another piece of foam of the same inferior quality. I asked the technician while he was replacing it why they use such inferior and could I get a better quality product. He said yes if I go aftermarket to an upholstery shop and have it made. My wife called the manager and told him this and he called her a liar stating that his tech would never say that because he has been with them for many years.

How do we know who is the liar. You must have been fired from this place to stand up for the wife and husband.

You must be the tech, how sad that you are now calling both of these people liars. Exactly what this stands for, lousy customer service..

I find it sad that they called your wife a liar when you are the one that lied to her misleading her into what the tech said.

View more comments (2)

Linders furniture

Yes do not make any purchases with Linders furniture store's They don't give a *** about their customer service. I have tried for two days to speak to someone on the phone. The line either keeps ringing or it goes to a voice mail. Tried calling again, no answer. Called the show room come to find out they are all in a meeting at corp. with no one manning the phones. also they all to to lunch at the same time. I thought that went out in the sixies, They suck!!!!!!!!!!! Don't shop with them, please, please
Review

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: Showroom furniture is not same quality as what gets delivered

My husband and me bought a couch and love seat from Linder's. At the showroom we inspected both of them and liked the look and overall comfort and softness of the cushions. We unzipped the cushions at the showroom to see what materials they were made of and decided to get them. A week later we got our furniture and to our surprise the cushions were hard as rocks. Once we unzipped them we found out they were made with different materials than the ones in the showroom. Once we contacted customer service we got this very rude lady "Rosa" that didn't want to listen to what I was saying and kept making excuses as to why the cushions were hard- "they needed to be worn", "the cushions at the showroom were older and felt better". This service representative treated me like an *** and refused to take care of the problem!! Bottom line is that the furniture Linder's has on it's showrooms IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT YOU WILL GET!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!
Review

My husband and me bought a couch and love seat from Linder's. At the showroom we inspected both of them and liked the look and overall comfort and softness of the cushions. We unzipped the cushions at the showroom to see what materials they were made of and decided to get them. A week later we got our furniture and to our surprise the cushions were hard as rocks.Once we unzipped them we found out they were made with different materials than the ones in the showroom. We contacted customer service we got this very rude lady "Rosa" that didn't want to listen to what I was saying and kept making excuses as to why the cushions were hard- "they needed to be worn", "the cushions at the showroom were older and felt better". This service representative treated me like an *** and refused to take care of the problem!! Bottom line is that the furniture Linder's has on it's showrooms IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT YOU WILL GET!!! BUYERS BEWARE!!!!