State: District Of Columbia Clear all filters (3 of 70 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show

Linders Furniture review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Very BAD customer service

Bought a bed (not set) from Linders Furniture on 4/17 and was told it would be ready in about 3 weeks for delivery. Now, at the end of 4 weeks, I was told it would Linders would not have it from the manufacturer till June 10th. That is 8 weeks. Requested a full refund as I need a bed sooner and was told I could get a refund minus 10%. I said that is unacceptable especially since the Terms & Conditions specifically state a full refund will be granted for an unreasonable manufacturer delay. The extremenly rude customer service agent at Linders stated 3-6 months is what is considered unreasonable, which is not stated on the Terms & Conditions. I will never purchase another item from them and I plan on filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as consulting with an attorney for help.

Have had nothing but terrible customer service from Linders! Sold us bad and defective product and made no real effort other than replacing it with the same defective items.

Spent money on the insurance plan as well and that got us nothing. Gave them so many opportunities to do well and they failed every single time. Everyone from the top of the corporate office to the mangers in the store.

Won't ever buy anything from them again. I went from being a procactive to detractor.

#200531

it is a horror story they did the same thing to me i buy a dinning set sept 18 2010. my delivery week is this week 10-11-10 but no one call i called and was told it won;t be deliver till oct 2310 .last night i told my husband that is not right after reading some of the 7,000 complaints I want my money back which was cash now c/s said it will take 10days and will keep 10% handle fee WHAT HANDLING FEE I GOT NOTHING AND THE CONTACT SAY FULL REFUND IF NOT DELIVER ON DELIVERY DAY c/s said because they resch i did not resch! i am call channel 2 4 5 and 7 news to have this so called furniture store investgated and a lawyer does any one want to join me to get this store close?

#191851

Worst esperience EVER. The product I received was NOTHING like the floor model.

It is a complete peice of trash. When i called customer-no-service they told me to return it would be a 30% restocking fee. WHAT A JOKE! I will be contesting this on my Credit Card.

BUYER BEWARE- DO NOT EVER EVER EVER Shop at Linder's!!!

(Unless you are in the market for trash). Sad when even Ikea has better quality furniture and at least their customer service is good!

Sounds like exact same thing that happened to me. Filing a complaint with the BBB isn't going to do much since they aren't a member and they already have a "F" rating.

Reading all of the horror stories that consumers are having with this business surprises me that they are celebrating their 25th anniversary?? :zzz

View more comments (3)
Review

Linders Furniture review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Will never order from Linder's

I found some furniture items on their website that I was interested in. I went into the store to see the items and get prices. None of the items were on display and the sales rep said she'd call me with prices. Never received a call. Ended up going to Mathis Bros. and spent my $2000.00 there. At another time I attempted to get information on other furniture. I called to find out if the items were in their showroom. Again I was promised a call back(in just a few minutes)and didn't get one. After reading all of the complaints I will certainly never buy anything from them. I have to wonder how Lender's has stayed in business as long as they have. So it looks as though Mathis Bros. will have my business once again. The sales reps there are very helpful & efficient. Recently had a customer service issue with them and had no problems.
Review

Linders Furniture review in Washington, District Of Columbia: Delivered wrong furniture

My husband and I purchased a green sofa, loveseat and tables at the new Linder's furniture in Rancho Cucamonga. We took a day off work to wait for the delivery because picking it up ourselves wasn't an option and when it arrived we received a brown sofa, not green. When I called to complain they treated me like it was my fault because I didn't read the order form, which we received after the transaction was complete. Don't trust your salesperson to submit the right order for you...........lesson learned. Especially if they are new and inexperienced in customer service.

Do NOT, I repeat, do not go to this store to buy your furniture. Here's my story~ back in March 2011 my wife and I went in and made a large purchase of 2 full bedroom sets.

Of course the customer service was good considering I hadn't paid yet. We were told we could get a small discount if we paid in full at that time. We did just that. We were informed that one of the bedframes was on back order until June.

Now keep in mind this was told to us back in March. June seemed far away to wait for a piece of furniture, but we were patient and said fine. We questioned whether or not it would really arrive to our house in June, but our sales associate GUARANTEED it. He even shook my hand as he guaranteed this claim.

We even disregarded the fact that all the other pieces we purchased (including the other full bedroom set) was available immediately, but they would not deliver it until the one last backordered piece would come in. I found this strange considering most large stores such as Macy's, etc. will deliver them as they become available. But again my wife and I were patient.

The receipt paperwork stated I would receive a phone call in mid-May to give a tenative delivery date. This call never came. I then called them, and they said they would deliver our items the week of June 13th. June 15th comes around and still no call so naturally I call them.

Their response? "We'll call you by Friday.". Well, guess what? No call.

I call them Friday late-afternoon, and they tell me to call Monday. At this point it's now the week of June 20th. Monday afternoon comes around, and yet again no call from Linders. I call them to find out what's going on, and they now tell me they have nothing to do with the delivery aspect, and to call some 800 customer service number.

Can you believe it?! And of course customer service says for me to call the store direct and speak with a manager. Wait, it gets better! I finally speak with someone who's willing to listen, and now they tell me they'll call the week of JULY 11TH!!!

Now I have to wait until July?! I bought this furniture back in March! MARCH! And according to them even THIS was a tentative date.

Who knows? Maybe they'll push it back until I finally go away. And why haven't they at least delivered the rest of the pieces that have just been sitting in their warehouse since March? I called the manager and said I was GUARANTEED it would arrive by June, and of course they blamed the manufacturer.....unreal.

I told them they guaranteed me, but you can't use reason and logic on someone who doesn't have a mind that understands reason and logic. The fact that they guaranteed me it would arrive in June means nothing. My word means everything to me, honor, integrity. But to others its a lost art.

I told them I want to cancel my order, get a refund, and be done with them entirely, but now they say they can't cancel my order because I waited too long to cancel it. Unbelievable. They're the ones that made me wait until June, then they say I'M the one who waited too long. So as I type this today I have not one piece of furniture, my wife, son, and I are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor, AND I can't get my 2000 dollars back.

Please save yourself this insanity and go to another store.

There's plenty out there, forget about Linders. Thanks for listening.

I also received wrong furniture and was told that is what came with my package, when the salesperson never told me that...I had a very rude salesperson over the phone who yelled and argued with us. The manager told me that we had to pay for the difference if we wanted the furniture they ordered.

Basically they do business TERRIBLE. They need to fess up to their mistake and take responsibility for it! I have never heard of such a thing. I told them to come pick up all the furniture I ordered.

I will not do business with a company that treats their customers wrongly.

Too bad, its their loss...they lost out on $2800 of furniture. ***. I will never every shop at Linder's again! BEWARE.

I would look elsewhere! Somehow some way you will be wronged.

View more comments (1)