filters
State:
Show
City:
Show

I HATE LINDERS FURNITURE!!!

I ordered an entertainment center ($1700) and they cancelled delivery TWICE... I have left 2 messages with the manager (Meg) and no one has returned my call. The only person i have talked to is Veronica and she has a bad attitude. Not empathetic with customer AT ALL. I told her that I was not happy with their service and the first thing she said was..."You want to cancel"...They did refund (part) of the delivery charge the first time but they are not willing to make any adjustments due to their SECOND cancellation and inconvenience. My TV has been sitting on the floor unplugged for 3 weeks and I sold all my old furniture a month ago. I have been calling corporate, customer service and even the store ALL DAY but no one answers...BAD, BAD customer service. The crazy part about all this is that I have a bed on layaway for $3500 that I definitely will be cancelling...If you can read this complaint...DONT BUY FROM LINDERS FURNITURE!!!!...Their customer service sucks!!!

the bank never locked the doors it was closed for repricing,any manager from the liquidation copany was lying the same story was never repeated twice.

I'll I can tell you is don't believe anything they tell you as all employees have been told to lie so they can keep there jobs for a while. they took your money and have no intention of sending you anything they just want to put you off until they sell off their inventory small claims is your only hope before they file bk if it hasn't already been done

Well it looks like their assets are being handled through liquidators...I went up there yesterday and spoke with Ron(torrance). He said they had been closed since Friday because the bank locked the doors for inventory.

He was really nice and helpful so I dont know if they are taking calls at corporate but I would say to go back to the store and talk to someone there.I have a scheduled delivery for Friday but only God knows if its gonna happens...I hope so. :sigh

I guess we are all screwed. My sectional sofa was suppose to be delivered 2 weeks ago.

Tried calling customer service/head quarter but no answer. Might be a while before any gets resolved thru bankruptcy court.

The number I was given to call for their new customer service is 888-416-1743 starting Friday since they are now being handled by the liquidation consultants they will start rescheduling deliveries if you call that number. :(

does anyone have a number where a live person is answering? I'm waitingon my 1,400 sectional and cant get a hold of anyone anywhere help!

I hate LINDERS! :(

Order a bed on 10/27/11, was told that it would be delivery on 11/3/11...someone called four times on Monday from Linder's, yet when the phone was answered they hung up. Than a message was left after I left the house, stating that they were canceling the delivery=y date, and that I would get a call in seven working days as to my order. Drove back to the store today, only to find a note on the door stating that they were closed for inventory until Saturday...unable to get anyone to answer the phones.

Ordered a couch 2 months ago and paid half. After cancelling the first delivery they called on Oct.

7th and told me to pay the second half and delivery would be on Oct. 12. On the 11th I called to see what time delivery would be the next day and they said it would be 4 weeks later. They offered to give me $99.99 for my trouble and said that it went through the credit card company.

It never came through. I called and sent email over 20 times to get management to call me or email me back but no one whould.

I found out today that they are in receivership.

I had put in a complaint to my credit card company yesterday stating that I was disputing the charges. I hope that I get my $$ back.

I'm going thru the same problem - I purchased a simple coffee table - to p/u the very next day - here it is 5 days later.... I can't get thru to anyone at all - I'm now PISSED OFF Big time.....

IF you find out anything can you please email me at ktzinniaway@sbcglobal.net :(

Are they out of business or what? I've been calling customer service n every single number they have for All their stores n no answer.

Someone xalled me from a 3rd party yesterday to cancel my scheduled delivery for tomorrow for no reason n they told me someone from customer service would call me within 7-21 days to reschedule.

She had no reason. R they filing for bankruptcy?

View more comments (9)
Review
Linder's Furniture has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! Veronica, Rosa, and Marcela are rude and completely unapologetic. My dining set delivery was over two weeks late. They finally called to schedule delivery and I thought everything was set. Then they call the...

linders has refused to gove me a rfund for the sectional they are nOT going to deliver.

they are forcing us to buy something else and with a store credit instead of my cash back like i gave them the day of purchase

IS THIS LEGAL???

I dont see how?

View more comments

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: Horrible Customer Service

This company is the worst. We purchased a bedroom set and needed to buy another nightstand. They will not give prices over the phone. Ive called a nearby store (they closed the one near my house). They never call me back. I submitted an online request, no response was ever given. Ive called corporate and they wont give me a price on the phone. I dont want to drive 1+ hr to a store just to get a price for a nightstand. This company blows. Go somewhere else, I definitely will never buy from them again and I will tell everyone I know that they are awful.
Loss

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: Linder's Furniture failed to replaced recently purchased bed

Expensive bed purchased in June. Bed delivered in August. In October,the right side of the bed collapsed. Made several attempts to contact office. It took two weeks to get someone to come out. Pictures were taken and was told the office would determine if the fault was customer or manufacture. It been another week, with no response. Bed purchased for adult daughter with mental disorder and having a consistent sleeping pattern is critical for her treatment. Finally, I wrote letter to the President, CEO and Marketing Director. No response from anyone. I thought Linder's Furniture was reliable store.

Linders Furniture sale manager name Katherine is a big liar

Me and my daughter went to Garden Grove warehouse closing sale and met a very nice Vietnamese sale lady who was very helpful and proffessional at first we were just looking see what's going on since we live close by but this sale lady is one of wonderful human being so we decided to buy 2 mattresses at liquidation and the customer service girl wrote it up for us told us she had done reserve our mattress at their warehouse location for us to pick up. When we show up to pick up next couple of days found out the sale manager name Katherine was hungry for her own commission took our mattresses to sell for another customer and we came back in twice still as of now our mattress still not available for pick up or delivery. Meanwhile we did not know how horrible this manager was we refer our relative came to ask for the same Vietnamese lady had helped us for bedroom set and they was sold by another Hispanic male name Ryan he kept saying the Vietnamese sale lady was busy and he would write up the order for her and on top of that he gave 100.00 discount from the original price I was quote before we sent our relative in. We did not realize this until we look at the sale order only have Ryan name on it and the manager name Katherine was aware of this since she was the one who put in the OK for the discount. Linders Furniture manager is a big liar and rip off their own sale people and customers....We will never buy from Linders again!!!

Holy ***... I mean come on...

That took me like 10 minutes to read...

Your either a *** or retarded... Either way you definitely need to get your money back and invest it in school!!!

To whomever wrote this review:

Your writing is horrible! You seriously need to brush up on your basic writing skills. It does not matter how angry or upset you were when you typed this, you need to proof-read before you submit another ramble.

View more comments (1)
Review

Linders Furniture review in Los Angeles, California: How do they sleep at night?

I had the worst experience with the Linders in Rancho Cucamonga! Items were promised and never delivered or partially delivered. After 4 months of promisses I expected a full refund. The items that were dropped off already were supposed to be picked up as promised by the store manager and were never picked up. I called customer service and they said that they would have to talk to the store manager themselves although he sent the customer service manager an email that explained what happened. I had to deliver them back to the store myself. Customer service is no help and they are rude! I would never risk purchasing from Linders again.
Loss

Linders Furniture review in Palm Springs, California: Advertised rebates & then short you what they promised

We purchased a dinette during an advertised sale stating that we would get $500 in free groceries for spending over $500. Rooms Express, a div of Linders Furniture hired companies that went bankrupt to handle the problem and then told us we should be grateful they were going to honor the commitment themselves. After sending all the information again, they decided we would have to start over. We reluctantly agreed, but they have not sent payments that the agent claims they have, and this was confirmed by someone in their office when the regular agent was out of the office one day. We ask for call backs and she ignores us. They promised $500 and so far we have received 11 checks for $25 each while they claim to have paid us $350. Buyer beware - if you aren't getting a discount from this corporation, back away and look elsewhere. They claim they are not responsible for lost checks, but anyone can claim a check was mailed and lost so what are we to believe? It's a simple matter to find out if a check was returned or cashed. I have been sending the receipts in two months at a time and sent them certified to verify they received them. I am still waiting for checks for the past two months. I will call again, but am expecting to be told again "The checks in the mail" These promises are a way to get people into the store, but wouldn't you rather have better prices to begin with than promises that can easily be broken??
Review

Linders Furniture a big disappointment!!!

Update by user Jun 28, 2011

Update - received a call from Sue at corporate, my chair has shipped from the factory in the Midwest. IF it arrives next week, they\'ll \'do their best\' to get it to me the week of July 4th.

In addition to the $40.00 store credit, they\'re adding a $69.99 credit for the delivery charge. Note: I\'m not getting any money back but now I have $110.00 store credit...

I\'m waiting for a call back to get this documented in email or a letter.

I want to believe that this situation will be resolved in 10-14 days; at this point I\'m still skeptical.

I\'ll update again when my chair is received, in perfect condition, the store credit is verified, and goods have been purchased.

Original review posted by user Jun 26, 2011

Had a great buying experience at the Cerritos, CA store; took the time to email corporate to compliment the sales person and manager.[ purchase made on 5/23] Three emails later, haven't heard back from corporate. Originally told would be updated week of 6/13. Had to call store to find out order had been delayed to 6/23. New manager says week of July 4th. I was so happy to be 'buying American'. The thrill is gone and their corporate attitude is very poor! No discount on price or $69.99 delivery charge - but I get a $40.00 instore credit --- why would I want to do business with them again? Spend your hard-earned money somewhere else! Customer service is a huge part of the experience and Linders doesn't have a clue what it is.
Smidty

This is typical of their attitude. Absolutely no clue what Customer Service is about. Hope you got you chair

Review

Linders Furniture will steal your deposit!!!

I made a $100 deposit to Linders to put furniture on hold, i called in two days later to request a refund they told me it would be no problem it might take 3-5 days, two weeks later i have nothing. I call, they say it has been credited back to a visa card, I DON'T EVEN OWN A VISA CARD! I call again and i go into the showroom, they say that they have no manager in today or tomorrow, how do you not have a manger for two days you are running a business. I call again, they say they have to call me back. Another 3 days later i get a call saying they are going to investigate the refund then and only then will the issue the credit. I found this last part hilarious, that's like a bank robber investigating himself. All i want is my money back and the sad part is im still waiting.
Loss

Linders Furniture review in Burbank, California: Stay Away from Linders in Rancho Cucamonga!

Do NOT, I repeat, do not go to this store to buy your furniture. Here's my story~ back in March 2011 my wife and I went in and made a large purchase of 2 full bedroom sets. Of course the customer service was good considering I hadn't paid yet. We were told we could get a small discount if we paid in full at that time. We did just that. We were informed that one of the bedframes was on back order until June. Now keep in mind this was told to us back in March. June seemed far away to wait for a piece of furniture, but we were patient and said fine. We questioned whether or not it would really arrive to our house in June, but our sales associate GUARANTEED it. He even shook my hand as he guaranteed this claim. We even disregarded the fact that all the other pieces we purchased (including the other full bedroom set) was available immediately, but they would not deliver it until the one last backordered piece would come in. I found this strange considering most large stores such as Macy's, etc. will deliver them as they become available. But again my wife and I were patient. The receipt paperwork stated I would receive a phone call in mid-May to give a tenative delivery date. This call never came. I then called them, and they said they would deliver our items the week of June 13th. June 15th comes around and still no call so naturally I call them. Their response? "We'll call you by Friday.". Well, guess what? No call. I call them Friday late-afternoon, and they tell me to call Monday. At this point it's now the week of June 20th. Monday afternoon comes around, and yet again no call from Linders. I call them to find out what's going on, and they now tell me they have nothing to do with the delivery aspect, and to call some 800 customer service number. Can you believe it?! And of course customer service says for me to call the store direct and speak with a manager. Wait, it gets better! I finally speak with someone who's willing to listen, and now they tell me they'll call the week of JULY 11TH!!! Now I have to wait until July?! I bought this furniture back in March! MARCH! And according to them even THIS was a tentative date. Who knows? Maybe they'll push it back until I finally go away. And why haven't they at least delivered the rest of the pieces that have just been sitting in their warehouse since March? I called the manager and said I was GUARANTEED it would arrive by June, and of course they blamed the manufacturer.....unreal. I told them they guaranteed me, but you can't use reason and logic on someone who doesn't have a mind that understands reason and logic. The fact that they guaranteed me it would arrive in June means nothing. My word means everything to me, honor, integrity. But to others its a lost art. I told them I want to cancel my order, get a refund, and be done with them entirely, but now they say they can't cancel my order because I waited too long to cancel it. Unbelievable. They're the ones that made me wait until June, then they say I'M the one who waited too long. So as I type this today I have not one piece of furniture, my wife, son, and I are still sleeping on mattresses on the floor, AND I can't get my 2000 dollars back. Please save yourself this insanity and go to another store. There's plenty out there, forget about Linders. Thanks for listening.

It's not just in Rancho Cucamanga. All Linders as a whole do this as their everyday business practice.

I cannot believe there hasn't been any type of lawsuit against this company. Murrieta is exactly the same.

I'm still waiting til this day for the bedroom furniture I bought back in August 20, 2011. I will try to call my credit card company to see if they can still get my money back.

Smidty

This problem is not isolated to this one store, it appears to be corporate policy to provide no customer service and lots of lip service. Thankfully we got out dinette, but the rest of the problems still exist and "Sue" in customer service refuses to even call back. I regret that we have only this format to warn others, I am going to notify everyone on my Facebook page to check here before they go to any company from now on.

#320870

Angela, here's what I did. Because Linders said I couldn't cancel (which was *** of me in the first place to sign something that confirms this) I put in a formal dispute with my credit card that I used to purchase the furniture.

They credited me back the entire amount! Just like that. If you paid with a credit card too you should dispute it to get the money back.

Forget waiting on Linders....it's not worth the headache. Plus, my wife and I said we didn't even want it anymore even if it did come in because everyday we'd be reminded of them and they're ***.

#320833

July 30th and still no bed, no end table, no dresser nothing!! I was told that the set left the manufacturer 3 weeks ago from Virginia.

Really does it take 3 weeks to go from VA to CA?? I am still sleeping on the floor.

It has now been 5 months of waiting!! Is there anything that can be done about this company??

I just wrote a huge reply to your comment, but for some reason it didn't post. Anyway, here's the condensed version - my wife and I went to Mathis Brothers yesterday.

And guess what? They have the same Polaski bedroom set there. We too wanted to buy the black Polaski set at Linders. At Mathis Bros.

they said they have 5 in stock and can deliver it by within a week should we choose to buy it. My wife and I can't believe we waited 3 months for something that was there the whole time just down the street and Mathis.

Go check it out for yourself and see. I still can't believe I'm going through this when I could have bought it back then without these hassles!

This story is unbelievable. I would not believe you accept that that is my story almost word for word!!!

Even sleeping on the floor. I bought a Polaski bedroom set in March and was told to expect it the week of June 13th. Like you NO call, nothing. We just called customer NO Service and was told today that it is a manufacture issue and to not expect it until July 18th!

I wish I would have had the forsight to check out this company beore I spent $8,000!! We were told that we could not cancel the order so we feel stuck and at the mercy of Linders!

View more comments (5)